We take an holistic approach to responsible tourism by treating all parts of interconnected societies and environments as one whole to create “better places for people to live in and better places for people to visit”.
We promote sustainability across the whole world; from a village to an urban metropolis; from the air we breathe, to the water we drink; but our main focus is on smaller rural communities and surrounding ecosystems.
We are dedicated to achieving the following goals for vulnerable rural areas –
- Sustainable forestry management
- Combat desertification
- Halt biodiversity loss
- Halt and reverse land degradation
- Achieve food security
- Promote sustainable agriculture
- Affordable, reliable and sustainable energy for all
- Access to water and sanitation
- Sustainable economic growth
- Promote local procurement and enterprise
- Available local education and social development
- Employment for everyone
- Promote peaceful and inclusive societies
We also work on the wider spectrum of issues related to responsible tourism, such as reducing carbon emissions from flying, and reducing energy consumption and waste from related activity.